What is the ISA program and how to apply for it (ISA and ISA-Product Safety)
Broadcast Date: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2pm - 3:30pm EST / Duration: 90 minutes
The Journal of Commerce is presenting three webcasts comprising the 2012 customs "Regulatory Audit Webcast Series" to engage and hear what the experts have to say as well as join the insider discussion on these important international trade topics!
Register today to secure your place in these interactive sessions. Registration information noted below.
PROGRAM TWO: What is the ISA program and how to apply for it (ISA and ISA-Product Safety)
A two-part, 90-minute live webcast on the Importer Self Assessment Program (ISA) presented by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and industry representatives
CBP's ISA program offers an alternative to the FA path for those importers who are ready for "self-governance." Learn from CBP's ISA Program Chief and industry representatives why ISA has gained momentum - as well as what is required to become an ISA program participant.
Representatives from CBP and private industry will explain and discuss ISA requirements and illuminate the business and supply chain benefits to signing up for this growing government-industry partnership program.
In this live webcast, you will learn:
- ISA Basics - including program requirements and benefits
- Why ISA is beneficial for importers and business
- How to be "ISA-Ready"
- What you need to know about the ISA Application Review Meeting or "ARM"
- The changes to the Annual Notification Letter and ISA Self-Testing Plan requirements
- How to determine whether ISA benefits make sense for your company from a cost-benefit standpoint
- Additional Value Added Benefits for ISA Members
Program Moderator: Bill Mongelluzzo, Associate Editor, Journal of Commerce
Cynthia Covell, Executive Director, Regulatory Audit, Office of International Trade, U.S. Customs, and Border Protection
Mel Moreland, Field Director - Atlanta, Regulatory Audit, Office of International Trade, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Florence Constant, Chief, Partnership Programs Branch, Office of International Trade, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Erika Faulkenberry, Customs & Trade Compliance Manager, The Hershey Company
Robert J. Pisani, Partner, Pisani & Roll LLP
Who should register/listen to this webcast?
- Customs Compliance and Logistics Managers
- Corporate Counsel - General & International Trade
- Customs Brokers
For questions, please contact Mina Patel, 516.589.0229 or